OK, so wow it has been way to long since I wrote on here. We have been crazy busy apparently and looking at my calendar it doesn't look like it going to stop any time soon. In the last month I have prepared for school, we went and saw Chuck's mom in Lawton, had family pictures taken. Between fantasy football drafts, Chuck going to the OU/BYU game, baby showers, wedding shower for my cousin it never seems to stop. On top of it all last friday Delia decided she was ready to go potty on the big girl potty. I should be really excited about this but I think it just caught me off guard. Don't get me wrong I had the potty, and knew what "signs" too look for but she really wasn't doing anything that I thought was big and then bam she ran into the bathroom trying to pull down her pants and sit on her little potty say "Potty, Potty." So we let her try and she has been doing it ever since. She doesn't stay dry all of the time but she is doing better and better. She is starting to wake up dry from naps and at night she is almost dry. I am kinda excited but also it makes me sad, she is growing up so fast and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing when it come to potty training. I feel like I have a newborn again(I know it is not that big of a deal but it feels like it). I don't know where to start, pull-ups, panties, or let her run around naked. Get on to her when she has an accident or just gently guide her in the right direction. I guess I will just figure it out like when having a baby, but man it is just as much work for mom as it is for Delia. Now we can't just go, I have to make sure that we have sat on the potty, and remember to let her do it in public which totally grosses me out. :) All in all it is not that bad, and kinda exciting to start this new journey in our life, and hope it doesn't take forever. But hey the one good thing is "NO MORE BUYING DIAPERS", so potty little Delia and Mom and Dad will be proud. We love that girl and want to cherish every moment, even if we are not ready for them. Here is one of the new family pictures, the rest can be seen on my facebook profile. Have a blessed week!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment