LilyPie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

To stretch or not to stretch?

MEN: CAUTION READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!

So this is a more what do you think post. This is kinda a touchy subject for me lately just because I'm really paranoid of mine. I know it doesn't matter to some people, but I tend to hate mine. So what am I talking about? Well......STRETCH MARKS!

In my head I have categorized stretch marks into four categories:
1. Tiny white/clear lines....that don't even count as stretch marks really. :)
2. Deep white trails.
3. Deep purple trails.
4. I had a baby and they were purple, but now they are white. But still noticable and very annoying. (This is the category I fit into.)

So I am bringing this up because of an incident that happened while I was at the pool today. I myself now wear a one piece to cover up my left over stretch marks, that look like an old map. I would like to wear a two piece but I'm not sure if that will ever happen again. So today at the pool there was a pregnant lady in a bikini. That part doesn't bug me I think pregnant bellies are beautiful. The lady was walking around, swimming, laying out and doing whatever she wanted. She also had huge and very dark purple stretch marks all over her belly. She looked like she could pop at any minute. She told me and a friend that was with me that she was due in Sept. So then I just felt bad for her because she was already so huge. So here is what I want to know. It didn't really bug me that much that she was wearing a bikini. I figured if she was comfortable with doing that more power to her. But there was several people staring at her, I even heard one lady say "someone need to go get her a cover-up, that is gross and I don't want to see it". I didn't really know what to say to that. So what is everyone's opinion? Do you cover them up, or are you proud and just realize that it is a part of that so just deal with it. Are you comfortable and have enough confidence to not worry about what other people think? I'm not sure what I would do, I think I would cover them up. I don't want my daughter to have self esteem issues when she gets older, but I'm not sure how to tell her that I think strech marks are beautiful. ???
Sorry if you read this and you didn't want to but that is what I was thinking about today so I figured I would write it all down.

Hope you all have a blessed week! L

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant I considered wearing a two piece for only a few minutes. I didn't have bad stretch marks but I did have some that I didn't think were that attractive. So if it were me and I had noticeable stretch marks then I think I would wear a suit that covered my belly. Maybe it didn't bother her at all. Or maybe they weren't that bad early on in her pregnancy and she didn't want to invest in another maternity suit for the last half of the summer!

    ReplyDelete